1. Sign up for a My Access account by opening AccessMedicine and clicking on 'University of Chicago Library' in the drop-list in upper right while connected to UChicago network.
2. Download the app at the App Store or Google Play.
3. Sign in every 90 days either on-site or through a VPN to keep app activated.
AccessMedicine is an online resource that contains the latest editions of clinical medicine texts, such as Harrisons Online, Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment Online, and Schwartzs Principles of Surgery Online. It also offers the Lange Basic Science and Lange Current Clinical Science Series for on-going study, review, and reference. In addition, it has the USMLEasy self-assessment tool, a drug index, an image index, the differential diagnosis tool Diagnosaurus, Current Practice Guidelines, diagnostic tests, and patient education information.
The Library subscribes to BrowZine, a service that allows you to browse, read and follow thousands of the library's scholarly journals available from your computer or from your Android and iOS mobile devices.
Download the Lexicomp app from App Store or Google Play. Then follow these instructions:
1. Go to Lexicomp online search page using the link above.
2. Scroll down to ‘Help and Training Resources’ and click ‘Mobile Access Codes.’
3. Select your platform
4. Indicate whether you are a new or existing customer.
5. An authorization code should appear.
1. While on a UChicago/UCM network or using the VPN, open the main Micromedex site using the link above.
2. Click on the Download Mobile Apps link in the bottom right box.
3. Click on the Micromedex Native Mobile Apps and follow instructions to install the app.
1. While on campus/at the hospital/via VPN, open UpToDate and click on the ‘Log In/Register’ link in the upper right.
2. Register and create a username/password.
3. Download the free UpToDate app to your mobile device from the iTunes App store or Google Play.
4. Open the app and log in with your UpToDate username/password.
NOTE: To maintain mobile access, you need to verify your UChicago affiliation once every 90 days by logging into UpToDate from a networked computer or a device connected to the UChicago wireless network.
If on campus:
1. Download app(s) here: http://ovid.visiblebody.com/mobile/
2. Open app while on campus.
3. Open app on campus at least once every 90 days to maintain offline and off-campus access.
If off campus:
1. Go to Visible Body on your phone or tablet and sign in with your CNetID/UCHADID
2. Choose the product you want to access
3. Select "Mobile App"
4. Select "Off Campus"
5. Select the app you want to download
6. Submit your email address, and VB will ask you for a verification code
7. You will receive an email with the verification code immediately
8. Enter the verification code received by email and hit submit
9. You will now receive your user credentials both on-screen as well as by email
10. On your mobile device click on the VB app link and follow the instructions to install app.
Once authenticated, your access via the mobile app will be active for 90 days.
Biomedical Reference Librarian
Crerar Library Room 154
773-702-8552 Email Deb