Welcome to the History of Medicine Resource Guide. This guide is meant to be a general starting point to research in the history of medicine, primarily within the University of Chicago Library collection. Print and electronic resources are included as well as general tips and tricks to make your research a bit easier.
- American Association for the History of Medicine
- History of the Health Sciences Section of the Medical Library Association
- History of Science Society
- Karolinska Institutet, Library-Biomedical Information Resources & Services - History. Includes internet resources for western, eastern, and classical studies
- National Library of Medicine: History of Medicine Division
- Wellcome Trust History of Medicine
History of Medicine at the University of Chicago
Study of the history of medicine and related sciences is highly interdisciplinary in nature at the University of Chicago.
Almost all Library databases can be accessed from off-campus. The easiest way to do this is to use links from the Library website. You will then be prompted for your CNetID and password to authenticate yourself as an authorized user.
If you find sources through Google Scholar or other search engines, you may not automatically get access to Library resources. IT Services has created the ProxyIt bookmarklet for these situations.
Find out more on their web site.