Use these directions to request archives and modern manuscripts using the SCRC Online Circulation System, after you have created a circulation request account.
1. Please log on to the library computer using either your CNET ID (University of Chicago users only) or your day pass (paper pass issued to visitors) login and password.
2. Open a web browser and go to the Special Collections home page.
3. Click the link “SCRC Circulation Request System.” You will be presented with two options: one for University of Chicago users and one for non-University of Chicago users. Choose the appropriate side and log in.
Online Requests: Archives and Modern Manuscripts (Note: If the items you want to use do not have an online finding aid, please contact a Special Collections staff member first.)
1. From your account page select Online Finding Aids from the Online Request section. Enter the name of the collection and review that finding aid.
2. Once you have determined which Series and Boxes you would like to use, click the Request! Button in the upper left corner of the finding aid.
3. You will then see a screen that asks you to login. If you are already logged in you will not need to do so again, simply click the login button for your affiliation (UofC or Non).
4. You will see a different version of the finding aid. Click on the Series heading to see the list of boxes (there may also be subseries headings you will need to open as well). Check the box numbers desired.
5. After you have selected all of the boxes you want, scroll to the bottom of the screen. Please provide the date you will use the item.
6. Once you have submitted a request you will see a message across the top of the screen that tells you the transaction number for that request and that it will be available within 30 minutes, unless you have specified a later use date. You will also see all other items you have requested.
Questions about making a request? Contact us!