Web-Based Spectra Resources available to University of Chicago users
Spectral Information in Chemistry Databases (restricted to UChicago)
- SciFinder- References and/or spectra of NMR, IR, Raman, MS, UV/VIS in the "Experimental Properties" of the CAS Registry record for substances (requires individual user registration)
- Reaxys - References to literature reports of NMR, IR, MS, Raman, UV/VIS and other spectral data included in the compound record (also referred to as "Beilstein")
Other "Free" Spectral Data Collections
- NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Sigma-Aldrich "Catalog"
click on catalog number to see the full record; spectra links in "Safety & Documentation" tab; NMR, IR, Raman and MS may be available
- EPA Emission Measurement Center Spectral Database (requires a viewer for .spc files like ShowSPC)
Includes FTIR absorbance spectra, mainly for substances of environmental significance (e.g., common pollutants)
- Contains about 25,000 13C, 1H and other nuclei NMR open source spectra of organic compounds
- Mineral Spectroscopy Server (Caltech)
Includes optical, IR, and Raman spectra of rocks and minerals (inorganic)
- Biological Magnetic Resonance Data Bank - (131 datasets) maintained by the University of Wisconsin (Madison) Biochemistry Department. It archives both raw and processed data for proteins, nucleic acids, and other biomacromolecules.