Welcome to the History of Science Resource Guide. This guide is meant to be a general starting point to research in the history of science, primarily within the University of Chicago Library collection. Print and electronic resources are included as well as general tips and tricks to make your research a bit easier. See also the History of Medicine guide.
- British Society for the History of Science
- History of Science Society
- Society for the History of Technology
- The Canadian Society for History and Philosophy of Mathematics / La Société Canadienne d’Histoire et de Philosophie des Mathématiques
- Deutschen Gesellschaft für die Geschichte der Medizin, Naturwissenschaft und Technik e.V. (DGGMNT)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Geschichte und Theorie der Biologie = German Society for the History and Theory of Biology
- European Society for the History of Science
- Indian Society for History of Mathematics
- International Committee for the History of Technology
- Newcomen Society
- Philosophy of Science Association
- Scientific Instrument Society
- Sociedad Mexicana de Historia de la Ciencia y de la Tecnología = Mexican Society for the History of Science and Technology
- Society for the History of Astronomy
History of Science at the University of Chicago
Study of the history of science is highly interdisciplinary in nature at the University of Chicago.
Links to departmental histories
Information about the history of various departments at the University varies in detail and availability from department to department. The Library's Special Collections Research Center which includes the University's archival collection is an especially rich source of historical documentation of science at the University of Chicago. The following are links to those departments and institutes which have published historical descriptions.