Skip to main content

Voter Services

This guide offers students help registering to vote, finding ballots, and voting absentee.

Quick Links


This guide provides information on all aspects of voting.  The guide is geared towards Illinois voters and absentee voters.

graphic of handing voting

Illinois: General Election: November 6, 2018

There's still time to Register Online: Use your IL driver's license or state ID card plus the last four digits of your social security number to register to vote or to change your name or address. Deadline: 11:59 pm, Sun., Oct. 21

University Early Voting - Wed, Oct 31 – Fri, Nov 2: 10 am-5 pm

New! University of Chicago Reynolds Club 5706 S University Ave

Early Voting Locations near the University:

Oct 22 thru Nov 5:
Ward 4    King Community Ctr.    4314 S Cottage Grove
Ward 5    Jackson Park    6401 S Stony Island
All other locations with hours

Locate Your Precinct Polling Place

Registering to Vote on Election Day

On Election Day (November 6, 2018), eligible voters may register only at their precinct polling place.  Any voter who needs to register for the first time or file an address update or a name change must show two forms of ID, one of which shows the voter's current address.

Deputy Voter Registrars in the Library

Useful Information

Find It!
When searching databases, the Find It button, when present, can be used to locate an item in the Library Catalog, to gain access to the full-text of an article, or to send an interlibrary loan order..

Proxy It!
Get access to library resources from off campus with ⇒ ProxyIt! ⇐. For Chrome, Firefox or Safari, drag the link to your bookmarks tool bar. For Internet Explorer, right-click on the link and select "Add to Favorites...".

Purchase Request
The Library welcomes suggestions for the acquisition of materials which support the University's teaching and research programs. Use this form to submit a request.  It will be routed to the appropriate subject specialist for consideration.