Check Request Status
Though UBorrow is a separate service, log in to Interlibrary Loan to check the status of your UBorrow requests.
You will receive an email notification when your requests are available for pick-up.
Requests are sent to the delivery location you designated in your Interlibrary Loan account: Regenstein Library, Crerar Science Library, or D'Angelo Law Library.
To change your preferred delivery location, log in to Interlibrary Loan and click to "Change User Information" in the bottom left.
Unable to Request via UBorrow
Available at the UChicago Library
The message "Available at the UChicago Library" means that a UBorrow request is not necessary because a copy is available at the University of Chicago Library. Use the location and call number displayed in UBorrow to retrieve it from the University of Chicago Library.
Unavailable via UBorrow
The message "Unavailable via UBorrow" means that neither the University of Chicago Library nor any other UBorrow library has an available copy. Request the item via Interlibrary Loan directly from the UBorrow search results screen or by searching Borrow Direct.
1. Go to the UBorrow catalog.
2. Enter your search term(s) in the search box (Simple Search), or use Advanced Search to:
3. Click a specific title from the search results to view details and availability.
It may take a moment for UBorrow to determine the availability of the item at all participating libraries. You may need to scroll down the page to view availability and the "Request" link.
5. Click the "Request" link to log in with your CNetID (if you have not already). Once you are logged in, the request form will display.
Though UBorrow is a separate service, UBorrow requests appear in the Interlibrary Loan request form.
6. Many form fields will be filled in automatically. Complete any other required fields.
7. Click "Submit Request" at the bottom of the page to complete the request.
You will receive an email when your item is available for pickup.