Before you go:
- Activate your LexisNexis and Westlaw accounts for the summer, including international access
- Make sure you can access University subscription databases via proxy server
- Review the D'Angelo Law Library webpage resources, including Ask-A-Law-Librarian
- Consult with Bill Schwesig, specialist for Indian law resources
- Check the Southern Asia LibGuide
This research guide is created for Fellows in the Law School J.D. International Human Rights (IHR) Program. For additional information about the IHR internship program, contact Susan Curry, Director, Public Interest Law and Policy, Office of Career Services (OCS).
For library research assistance, contact Lyonette Louis-Jacques, Foreign and International Law Librarian and Lecturer in Law, or Bill Schwesig, Reference Librarian and Bibliographer for Common Law. You can also contact the D'Angelo Law Library reference staff by clicking on the Ask A Law Librarian image. Other useful contacts are James Nye, the Bibliographer for Southern Asia at Regenstein Library, and Laura Ring, Assistant Southern Asia Librarian.
Human Rights in India
- S. Radhakrishnan, "Development of Human Rights in an Indian Context," 36 International Journal of Legal Information 303 (2008).
- Flavia Agnes, "Women's Rights and Legislative Reforms: An Overview," 36 International Journal of Legal Information 265 (2008).
- Biswajit Ghosh, "Trafficking in Women and Children in India: Nature, Dimensions and Strategies for Prevention, 13 International Journal of Human Rights 716 (2009).
- D.K. Srivastava, "Sexual Harassment and Violence Against Women in India: Constitutional and Legal Perspectives," in Human Rights, Justice, and Constitutional Empowerment 486 (C. Raj Kumar & K. Chockalingam eds., New Dehli; New York: Oxford University Press, 2007).
Database Quick Links
- Law Databases
- LexisNexis / Lexis Advance
- Westlaw, WestlawNext
- Manupatra (Indian law database)
- Commonwealth Legal Information Institute (CommLII)
- Legal Information Institute of India (LIIofIndia)
- India Legal Information Institute (IndLII)
- Foreign Law Guide: India
- Articles Plus
- E-Journals (for full text online, PDFs)
- Factiva(world news)
- HeinOnline: World Constitutions Illustrated
- Constitutions of the Countries of the World
- vLex Global
- Oxford Reports on International Human Rights Law (ORIL)