1. While on campus/at the hospital/via VPN, open UpToDate and click on the ‘Log In/Register’ link in the upper right.
2. Register and create a username/password.
3. Download the free UpToDate app to your mobile device from the iTunes App store or Google Play.
4. Open the app and log in with your UpToDate username/password.
Note: To maintain mobile access, you need to verify your UChicago affiliation once every 90 days by logging into UpToDate from a networked computer or a device connected to the UChicago wireless network.
1. Download the free DynaMed app from the iTunes App store or Google Play.
2. While on campus or at the hospital, open DynaMed and click on the ‘Mobile’ link in upper left.
3. Enter your email address. An authentication key will be emailed to you.
4. From your device, open the DynaMed email and tap on the authentication key link.
Note: The authentication key expires within 48 hours. After 48 hours you need to request a new key.
DynaMed is a clinical reference tool created by physicians for physicians and other health care professionals for use primarily at the 'point-of-care'. With clinically-organized summaries for nearly 3,000 topics, DynaMed is an evidence-based reference shown to answer most clinical questions during practice. DynaMed is updated daily and monitors the content of over 500 medical journals and systematic evidence review databases directly and indirectly by using many journal review services.
1. Sign up for a My Access account by opening AccessMedicine and clicking on 'University of Chicago Library' in the drop-list in upper right while connected to UChicago network.
2. Download the app at the App Store or Google Play.
3. Sign in every 90 days either on-site or through a VPN to keep app activated.
AccessMedicine is an online resource that contains the latest editions of clinical medicine texts, such as Harrison’s Online, Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment Online, and Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery Online. It also offers the Lange Basic Science and Lange Current Clinical Science Series for on-going study, review, and reference. In addition, it has the USMLEasy self-assessment tool, a drug index, an image index, the differential diagnosis tool Diagnosaurus, Current Practice Guidelines, diagnostic tests, and patient education information.