How do I find print biomedical books in Crerar?
Most biomedical print books shelve on the second floor by the call numbers QH (Natural History/General Biology) through R (Medicine). A guide to the call numbers by floor is available.
There are five areas in the John Crerar Library where you may find books in the biomedical sciences:
- Crerar, Bookstacks, call numbers QH - R = second floor
- Crerar, Bookstacks, other biomedical call numbers, for example:
--laboratory animals (SF) = third floor
--biotechnology (TP) = lower level
- Crerar, 1st Floor Reference Collection = first floor, west of the Reference Desk
- Crerar, 1st Floor Reserve Desk = first floor, behind the Circulation/Reserves Desk
- Crerar, Dewey Collection = lower level
What if I can't find the book I need?
- If the book is checked out, place a UBorrow request. If not available via UBorrow, place an Interlibrary Loan request.
- Check at the Reference Desk to be certain of your information.
- Look in the re-shelving areas behind the Circulation/Reserves Desk and on the book carts at the top of the stairwells on the second or third floors, depending on call number.
- Look near photocopiers on each floor.
- Submit a Search Request. We'll do the looking from this point.
What if the Library doesn't own the book I need?
Use the either of the Library's free services, UBorrow (fastest) or Interlibrary Loan (slower, but nonetheless a fine service) to request the book(s) you need. Find out more about UBorrow.