Located in Room 420E, the Archive consists of approximately 168,000 mounted, 8 x 10" photographs. It was named after Max Epstein (1875-1954), a business executive and philanthropist who in 1937 founded the collection by donating a large number of photographs acquired from the Art Library of Sir Robert Witt, a photographic archive now at the Courtauld Institute of Art in London. The Archive has since increased its holdings through purchases and additional gifts.
The Archive is locked and accessible by appointment only. Please contact email@example.com for access.
The following collections, also located in Room 420E, and can be accessed by appointment.