Check Request Status
Log in to BorrowDirect and click My Account to check the status of your BorrowDirect requests.
You will receive an email notification when your requests are available for pick-up.
Requests are sent to the delivery location you designated when submitting your BorrowDirect request: Crerar Science Library, D'Angelo Law Library, Eckhart Library, Regenstein Library, or SSA Library.
Renewals are not available for BorrowDirect items.
Unable to Request via BorrowDirect
Available at the UChicago Library
The message "Available at the UChicago Library" means that a BorrowDirect request is not necessary because a copy is available at the University of Chicago Library. Use the location and call number displayed in BorrowDirect to retrieve it from the University of Chicago Library.
Unavailable via BorrowDirect
The message "Unavailable via BorrowDirect" means that neither the University of Chicago Library nor any other BorrowDirect library has an available copy. Request the item via Interlibrary Loan directly from the BorrowDirect search results screen or by searching UBorrow.
Using BorrowDirect in 3 Easy Steps
1. Login to the BorrowDirect catalog and find the item you want to borrow.
2. Select your preferred pick-up location.
3. Click on the "Request" link to complete your request.
4 ways to search BorrowDirect
1. Go to the BorrowDirect catalog.
2. Enter your search term(s) in the Simple Search box, or use Advanced Search to:
- Search by author, title, subject, keyword, or ISBN
- Combine multiple search types, e.g. author and title
- Limit your search to "all of these words," "any of these words," or "this phrase"
3. Click a specific title from the search results to view details and availability.
It may take a moment for BorrowDirect to determine the availability of the item at all participating libraries. You may need to scroll down the page to view availability and the "Request" link.
4. Select a pick-up location from the drop-down list.
5. Click the "Request" link.
You will receive an email when your item is available for pickup.
Please contact us if you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback about Borrow Direct.