Fourth Floor Reading Room Ancient Near East Reference Guide
- I. Assyriology
- II. Egyptology
- III. Elamite
- IV. Hittitology
- V. Northwest Semitic Languages
- VI. Other Dictionaries in RR4
- VII. Ancient Near East Reference
Note: "Table" refers to the ANE Study Table on the south east side of the Fourth Floor Reading Room; "shelf" and/or RR4 refer to the Religion and Ancient Near East reference collection located on the eastern wall of the Fourth Floor Reading Room. RR4Cla is the Classics Reading Room, RR4J is the Judaica Collection. RR signifies the Reference Collections located on the second and third floors, while GEN stands for the general stacks in Regenstein Library. Resources are available during Regenstein Hours
Welcome to the Ancient Near East Guide
Use the tabs across the top of this guide to find out more about the resources we offer.
One can learn more about a resource by clicking on the blue information button following a resource title.
Library News: Humanities & Social Sciences
The Library welcomes suggestions for the acquisition of materials which support the University's teaching and research programs.
Use this form to submit a request.
It will be routed to the appropriate subject specialist for consideration.
When searching databases, the button, when present, can be used to locate an item in the Library Catalog, to gain access to the full-text of an article, or to send interlibrary loan orders to the ILL Office for items that the Library does not own.
The ProxyIt! bookmarklet will reload a page to use IT Services proxy server. Install this button in your browser to get access to Library resources from off campus.
- In Chrome, Firefox or Safari, drag this ⇒ ProxyIt! ⇐ link to your bookmarks toolbar.
- In Internet Explorer, right-click on this ⇒ ProxyIt! ⇐ link and select "Add to Favorites..." (you may receive a Security Alert warning that the favorite may not be safe, click on "Yes" to continue). Choose where in your Favorites you wish to save the bookmarklet (usually the Links toolbar) and then click on "OK".
For more information, see the Proxy page.